Sarah F. Burns Death – Obituary : Authorities have identified the five people on board that were killed in Navy helicopter crash that occurred on Tuesday, August 31, 2021 near San Diego.
- Corpsman 2nd Class Sarah F. Burns, 31, of Severna Park
- Lt. Bradley A. Foster, 29, (pilot) of Oakhurst, California
- Lt. Paul R. Fridley, 28, pilot of Annandale, Virginia
- Naval Air Crewman (Helicopter) 2nd Class James P. Buriak, 31, of Salem, Virginia
- Hospital Corpsman 3rd Class Bailey J. Tucker, 21, of St. Louis, Missouri
According to report, MH-60S Seahawk helicopter assigned to the Helicopter Sea Combat Squadron 8 crashed into the sea killing five people on board.
The crash occurred approximately 60-miles off the coast of San Diego while on routine flight from the USS Abraham Lincoln.
Report has it that only one crew member was rescued.
Maryland Governor, Larry Hogan shared his condolences via a twitter post
“I ask all Marylanders to join me in sending our deepest condolences to the family of U.S. Navy Hospital Corpsman 2nd Class Sarah F. Burns of Severna Park, and her four fellow sailors who were killed in last week’s tragic helicopter crash,” Hogan wrote in the tweet. “Fair winds and following seas.”
Investigation into the cause of the crash is underway.