MMA Fighter Fau Vake has died at the age of 25

, , Comments Off on MMA Fighter Fau Vake has died at the age of 25

Fau Vake Death – Obituary – Cause of Death: Man and two others charged with man slaughter. The identity of one of the accused will have his name kept a secret until the trial starts.

The (MMA) fighter was repeatedly hit in the head by his attackers, causing brain injuries that led to his death, this incident happened in Symonds St., early on Saturday, May 16 in Auckland’s CBD. The attackers were charged with wounding and intentionally inflicting injuries to the victim.

A High Court in Auckland this afternoon, presided over by Justice Edwards granted the accused a permanent name suppression after his counsel fought for it, the trial has been adjourned until October next year.

Semisie Pomale and Siofilisi Paongo are the other two who were also involved in the brawl, their name suppression applications was abandoned and have been charged with common assault, although non of the defendants appeared in person, a fourth man named Ofa Folau in August pleaded guilty to the charges and will be sentence on the 10th of August.

How did (MMA) Fighter Fau Vake Die?

Vake, 25 , fought for his life for days at Auckland City Hospital before passing away on May 23rd. He was attacked while waiting for a taxi on Symonds St near Eden Terrace, after a night out.

The City Kickboxing community, where Vake trained, showed tremendous support after his death.

The (MMA) fighter was was mourned by hundreds at a funeral service at the Free Wesleyan Church of Tonga Tuingapapai in Favona, South Auckland.

Detective Senior Sergeant Geoff Baber said at the time that “Lifau Tu’iha’aingana Vake, known as Fau Vake, died in Auckland Hospital with family by his side this morning,”. UFC middleweight champion Israel Adesanya paid tribute to Vake, his City Kickboxing teammate, as well as City Kickboxing itself. City Kickboxing club said in a statement at the time.”It is with inexplicable sadness almost seven days to the hour after his hospital admission, Fau’s fight to find his way back to us ended,”