Bakersfield man arrested in Oxnard shooting in August

, , Comments Off on Bakersfield man arrested in Oxnard shooting in August

Authorities said a suspect has been apprehended following shooting in Bakersfield that left a man in a life-threatening condition, according to reports.

Officials responded at about 4:25 p.m. 28th Aug. to the 1300 block of Redwood Street on shooting report. Arriving officials located a 29-year-old man of Oxnard with gunshot wounds.

He was taken to the hospital and is in a critical condition, police said.

Investigators said the suspected shooter had been in a vehicle and confronted the victim, yelled out the name of a local criminal street gang, then fired several shots at the man, one of which struck him.

The shooter then fled the scene in his vehicle.

Preliminary investigation identified the suspected shooter as a 31-year-old Bakersfield man who has ties to the Oxnard area.

On Monday, Sept. 20, around 4 a.m., investigators located the suspected shooter in the City of Bakersfield and notified Bakersfield Police who contacted the man and arrested him without incident. A search warrant was then served at the man’s home.

At this time, the Bakersfield man faces charges for assault with a deadly weapon, being a felon in possession of a firearm and ammunition and for violation of the Street Terrorism Enforcement and Prevention Act (gang enhancement). He was booked into the Ventura County Jail.

Police said this investigation is ongoing.

Anyone with information about the shooting is urged to contact Detective Jason Radcliffe at 805-385-7796 or jason.radcliffe@oxnardpd.org.